HEALTH INSURANCE PARTICIPATION:
Dr. Raynor is a licensed psychologist in New York state and is a participating provider with Excellus BCSC and Aetna.
Out-of-network services may be provided to clients who have insurance coverage through other insurers, but full payment is expected at the time of each session. A detailed, itemized invoice (Superbill) will be provided to the client or parent/guardian for each delivered service. This information will facilitate be submitted by the client to their insurance provider, who will then reimburse the client directly. Prior to contacting Brighton Behavioral Health, PLLC, please communicate with your insurance company to determine your behavioral health benefits for an out-of-network provider.
Clients who do not have health insurance coverage or who do wish to use their insurance coverage may also seek services. In these cases, full payment is expected at the time of each office visit.
*Note that health insurance plans will only cover or reimburse for behavioral health services when there is a mental health diagnosis, or difficulty adjusting to physical health condition. Clients without a formal diagnosis may still seek psychotherapy, but they will need to pay directly for services rendered at each session. In most cases, behavioral medicine and coaching services will not be covered by health insurance, so clients will need to pay before or at the time of service.
Please call your insurance company to clarify coverage before our first visit. Coverage for behavioral health is especially complex, and knowing your benefit will be important for your decision-making.
Recommended questions for your health insurance provider regarding your benefits:
- What mental health benefits does my health insurance plan include?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan have a limit on the number of psychotherapy sessions per calendar year? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written authorization from my primary care provider for mental health services to be covered?
- You will be asked for credit or debit card to keep on file. The card will be billed for co-payments, co-insurance, self-payment, or late fees (if applicable).
- For those with health insurance, co-payment will be expected at the time of each visit. If you a high-deductible plan with co-insurance, clients will be billed upon notification of specific coverage by their insurer.
- Please cancel appointments 48 hours in advance. Otherwise, you will be charged a $75 penalty fee for the missed appointment. This applies to the first session as well.
- Missed appointment or late cancellation fees are not reimbursed by insurance companies.